The Frome Agricultural & Cheese Show is held at the West Woodlands Showground on Saturday 14 September 2019.
OVER 350 TRADE STANDS
A non stop shopping experience from a range of unique gifts and products from national and local suppliers.
VILLAGE GREEN ENTERTAINMENT
- Wylye Valley Pony Club Mounted Games– see team work tested as well as riding standards and pony agility
- Mere Down Falconry – See the magnificent flying displays of Mere Down’s most famous feathered friends including Floyd the Falcon, Simba the Yellow Billed Kite and of course Mere the Kestrel.
- Moto International Stunt Show – The team is also one of the UK’s largest car stunt display teams, and one of few display teams to include Cars, race Quads, Motorcycle stunts and specialist vehicles.
- One Man and His Gun Dogs – making their first appearance at this year’s show. They have appeared all over the country demonstrating their silent approach to dog training and how to have fun with our dogs. This really is a gundog demonstration with a difference!
- Working Heavy Horses – see how these incredible giants are used in modern day forestry practices
- Shetland Pony Grand National – it’s fast, it’s fierce and it’s incredible to watch! They may be small but they really go for it
- Vintage Machinery Parade
From Tractor Ted to CBeebies Mr Bloom to the have a go circus skills! Elsewhere we’ve got our Animal Nursery where youngsters can pet and cuddle furries all day long, the farmyard discovery zone with interactive demos on beekeeping, chick hatching, milking and more.
On top of this there’s the Sheep Show in our Agri-Village, Inflatables and Funfair down near the Country Pursuits. Plus more to discover when you get here!
COUNTRYSIDE PURSUITS AREA
A new attraction introduced at the 2010 Show which incorporates a lake where visitors can watch gun dogs in action, fly fishing, country craft demonstrations and much more.
This year we are very lucky to have the wonderful Jean Christophe Novelli who will be providing a cookery demonstration in this years Cookery Theatre sponsored by The Cooking School at 11.30am on Show Day.
We can’t wait to see what cheesy delights he cooks up! He will also be holding a Q&A for those who would like to ask him any questions at 1.30pm, again at the Cookery Theatre.
CBEEBIES’ MR BLOOM
Why not, pop along and say ‘Ello!’ with Mr Bloom. There’ll be a bundle of veggie stories, gardening games, and catchy Nursery songs for Tiddlers and Parents alike. To sum it up in the words of a famous Aubergine: ‘Let’s sing and dance and have some fun!’
Appearances at 11.20am and 1.30pm on the Music Stage.
Come and see all the different breeds of Cattle, Sheep, Goats & Pygmy Goats, with livestock winners taking part in THE GRAND PARADE at 3pm in the Main Ring – a truly magnificent sight.
HANDICRAFT, HOMECRAFT AND HORTICULTURE MARQUEE
Come and see a spectacular display of exhibits ranging from knitted garments to homemade cakes, flowers to miniature gardens.
Entertainment through out the day including BSJA Show Jumping, Beagles & Fox Hounds, Shetland Performance Display Team, Grand Parade and much more.
DOG AGILITY RING
Spectacular displays from ‘Trick n Treat’ for the public to watch and see various competitions and demostrations.
FODDER & GRAIN MARQUEE
Come and see the many exhibits from local farmers and learn fantastic facts about how crops can be used to produce our food.
POULTRY & EGG MARQUEE
A marquee packed full of different breeds of birds and many egg exhibits.
Definitely worth a visit, this is a firm family favourite with lots of animals to get up close to, from reptiles to Reindeer!
Rides for all ages.
RURAL CRAFT & SHOPPING HALL
Over 50 trade stands on display selling products ranging from jewellery to childrens games. A true shoppers dream!
This pavilion showcases over 1,500 cheeses from the finest dairy producers in the country. There is a fantastic range of trade stands and organic cheese making demonstrations for visitors to enjoy.
FINE & LOCAL FOOD HALLS
The food hall is the biggest ever this year, with over 50 trade stands selling the finest food to try and buy.
The Frome Cheese Show 2019 is held on Saturday 14 September at the West Woodlands Showground. Public gates are open from 9am to 5.30pm.
Come early to enjoy a full day’s entertainment, the Show opens at 8.30am. Last year’s show experienced heavy traffic at certain times so why not make use of the free bus service from locations in Frome.
The Showground offers FREE car parking and FREE buses which are available from various points in Frome, CLICK Bus link for details.
HOW YOU CAN BUY YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE:
- Buy online – Click here to buy your tickets online.
- Buy at Tourist Information Centres from 1st August – Frome, Trowbridge, Westbury, Melksham, Shepton Mallet, Wells & Bath.
- Buy from Local Shops – Available now. Mole Valley Farmers, Frome, White Row Country Foods, Beckington, Mells Village Shop, Mells & Acres Supply Garden & Aquatics, Corsley
- The Show Office, Rodden Road, Frome, BA11 2AH. Monday to Friday 10am – 2pm.
2019 SHOWDAY TICKET PRICES
Family Ticket £33
2019 ADVANCE TICKET PRICES
Family Ticket £31
The West Woodlands Showground is situated on the B3092, West Woodlands, Near Frome, Somerset, BA11 5ES, to help assist you to find the Showground there are signs which will lead you to the Show.
The Showground offers FREE car parking. For details of the free shuttle bus service, visit the website.
[showmap address=”west woodlands showground frome somerset” marker=”1″ sizeW=”640px” sizeH=”400 px” map=”ROADMAP” zoom=”12″ scroll=”1″ street=”1″ zoomcontrol=”1″ pan=”1″ mapcontrol=”1″ overview=”1″]