Homes across the village are taking part in Nunney Community Association’s first-ever Nunney Christmas Windows.
The NCA invited as many families and households to get involved in making imitation stained glass (or silhouette) windows.
Christmas windows will need to be up by 5pm on Thursday 5 December and ideally lit every evening from 5pm until 7pm through until Christmas Eve.
The following households have confirmed that they will take part:
5 Pookfield Close
6 Pookfield Close
Nunney First School
Sungates – Dallimore Lane
1 Berry Hill
10 Berry Hill
14 Berry Hill
The Beehive – The Market Place
Bridge House – Horn Street
The Chapel – Castle Street
13 Church Street
The George Inn
All Saints Church (aka Nunney Church)
The Farmhouse – Fulwell Lane
1 Frome Road
3 Frome Road
5 Frome Road
If there is anyone who still wants to take part, please email the NCA – [email protected] and you can be added.
In order to take part, here’s what you need to do:
- Get as many members of your household involved and willing to take part.
- Let the NCA know you will be taking part by emailing them at [email protected] and giving your home address, by 6pm on Saturday 30 November.
- If you need black sugar paper or coloured tissue paper, please go to Nunney First School and see Karen (in the main office), who will provide each family/household with up to a couple of sheets of black sugar paper and some tissue paper (subject to availability). Karen is available: Monday, Wednesday or Friday between 9am and 12.30 or Thursday afternoons between 12 noon and 3pm, from Monday 18 November to Friday 29 November.
- Get creative and make your imitation Christmas themed stained glass (or silhouette) windows.
- The NCA will then publish a list of homes to be visited and this will be posted online – on Facebook, the NCA website, Visit Nunney and copies will be published in and around Nunney with copies available to be viewed at the SPAR, the George Inn and the Moat & Turret ‘Cafe by the Castle’.
- Windows should be lit ideally every evening between 5pm and 7pm (although this can be until much later if you prefer!) every evening from Thursday 5 December until Tuesday 24 December.
- Families and visitors can then go walking around Nunney any / every evening looking at our super Christmas windows. And, by being ready on Thursday 5 December, the windows will be ready for lots of special events which are happening from Friday 6 December, including Nunney First School’s Christmas Christmas Fair and of course a special visitor who is visiting the same evening…