Chartered architects Clare and John Martineau run C&JM Consultants from their base in Horn Street, Nunney.
C&JMConsultants can create a practical solution for your project individually tailored for you, in any style from modern or minimalist to original or traditional.
Clare handles all town planning work, and specialises in the detailed negotiation required for listed building and conservation approvals. Clare’s tenacity with planning departments is founded upon her detailed knowledge of planning law. She also drafts the contractual and legal documentation required for building work.
As well as her architectural design input with John, particularly with concepts, she does interior design and garden design.
John is not “just” an architect — he is skilled in various trades, capable of carpentry, plumbing, electrics, tiling, brick laying and plastering and he has encyclopaedic knowledge of current and historic building techniques.
John is primarily responsible for all survey work, technical input and production of information for drawings. He supervises work on site to conform to his own exacting standards.
He has made an extensive study of sustainable technology to apply to new and existing buildings and is keeping pace with developments in materials and techniques.
Clare and John Martineau have over 30 years experience between them, working together for many years. They trained at the Architectural Association, with tutors including some of today’s leading architects – Lords Foster and Rodgers.
The Martineaus have worked in larger practices, the TV industry and as developers of residential and office property. In their previous larger practice projects ranged from a juggernaut lorry depot to nightclubs and restaurants, a City of London bank headquarters to multi-millionaires’ houses.
They re-formed seven years ago, to concentrate on those smaller jobs that need detailed attention when the experience of the practice principals is so important. Clare and John now specialise in residential, retail and commercial buildings, but they are always interested in other ventures.
C&JMConsultants also undertake their own developments on a design and build basis, working directly with subcontractors, managing these as well as procuring materials and services. This gives them a good working knowledge of current costs and rates.
What could C&JMConsultants do for you?
- Outline how the asset value of your property could be maximised
- Design the building to suit your individual needs
- Provide information to the Quantity Surveyor to give you a cost estimate
- Produce drawings and information for the scheme you want
- Get planning permission, Conservation Area/Listed Building Consents
- Get Building Regulation and related approvals and liaise with consultants
- Provide the Structural Engineer with information for their calculations
- Provide working drawings and schedules for contractors to tender for the job
- Vet the tenders or negotiate with a chosen builder
- Supervise the contract, issuing certificates so you pay only for approved work
- Determine the final sign off cost, including any claims for “extras.”
Do phone or email Clare and John Martineau of C&JMConsultants if you want to discuss your project.