The Nunney & District Flower Show committee hosts Gardeners’ Questions, a Frome Festival event on Monday 6 July at 7.30pm in the Cheese and Grain in Frome.
Whatever the ‘nature’ of your gardening question, come along and put it to a panel of experts, all gardening and horticultural professionals, with a wide range of knowledge and expertise.
The expert panel includes:
- Sally Gregson – former Daily Telegraph gardening correspondent, author of several gardening books and who runs Henley Mill Garden in Wookey
- Katherine Crouch – garden designer who won BBC Gardener of the Decade and is known more locally from the Garden Challenge at the Royal Bath & West Show
- Simon Woollen – former chief gardener for Frome Council and a regular on Frome FM who now runs the garden at Leyhill Prison
- Chris Smith – of Barters Plant Centre in Chapmanslade
- Mike Burks – head of Castle Garden Group
From aconites to zinnias, apples to zucchini and ants to wireworms, they’ll give you their best advice and share their ideas. Gardening is fun, and this evening will be fun too.
Tickets cost just £6 per person and can be purchased from the Festival Box Office at the Cheese and Grain in Frome or on the Frome Festival website.
Questions will be written down and handed in to the chairperson, who will select them in a sequence to ensure wide-ranging scope and interest. Forms will be available at the event. Questioners will be given an opportunity, if they wish, (and a microphone) to ask supplementary questions or comment on answers given.
There will be two 45-minute ‘questions and answers’ sessions with an interval in between. Refreshments will be available throughout.
Make a note in your diary and buy your ticket from the Frome Festival Box Office or website. However much you know about gardening, there’s always something new, interesting and useful to learn, and it’ll be a fun evening too. See you there!