These are the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the Nunney Community Association (NCA) held on Monday 17 March 2014 at The George at Nunney.
Attended by – Roger Bell (Chair), Simon Forrester (Vice-Chair), Andy Mason (Treasurer), Lynne Roberts (Secretary), Jeremy Gaunt (Fayre Secretary), Ken Lloyd (President), Emma Murphy, Max Innes, Lara Tatum, John Rider, Francis Hayden, Jane Allison.
Members of Nunney who attended were Les Robertson, Sue Innes, Mo Bell, John Roberts and Jeff Smith.
Apologies – Norman Leater, Caroline Pomeroy and Neil Murphy.
- Minutes of last AGM – The minutes of the last AGM were agreed.
- Matters arising from the minutes – There were no matters arising.
- Presentation of Annual Accounts – Andy Mason handed out the accounts that had been audited by Owen Hillier. There is a healthy income of nearly £3,000 with just over £5,000 in the current account. The Street Fayre made almost £11,000, in spite of the rain, and close to last year. £4,000 has been set aside for the Zip Wire and also funds to upgrade the children’s play area.
- Presentation of 100 Club Accounts – Andy Mason handed out the 100 Club accounts that had been audited by Owen Hillier. There is currently £1,000 in the kitty, which will go towards books for the school and presents for special occasions. £600 is paid out in prizes each year and today’s draw has a £75 prize. There are currently 14 spare numbers. The £12 annual cost can be paid by direct debit.
- Chairman’s Report – The N.C.A. has had a successful year with a variety of events including the Easter Bonnet competition, the Duck Race, the Street Fayre, Quiz and Jazz evenings. Carols in the Castle had a capacity audience. The Tug-of War was the only event completely spoiled by the weather. The Fare remained dry until 2pm but even then, the loyal crowds remained. All these events ploughed money back into the community. The N.C.A. have been able to pay for the repair and maintenance of the church clock and towards the upkeep of the churchyard. The Zip Wire for the play area is being installed although held up by the recent bad weather. Staging for the school has been provided. Thanks went to Catharine, the previous Chair, Jenny, who sadly died this year, Max for his unstinting work in hiring out equipment to other groups, Jane for her pastoral work and Lynne, as Secretary. Francis Hayden is leaving the N.C.A but has kindly offered to remain to run bars as required. Roger is stepping aside and Simon Forrester will be the next Chair.
Simon then thanked Roger, on behalf of the Committee for his work as Chair this year.
- Declaration of the New Committee. There was only one new member, Mo Bell nominated and seconded to a place on the Committee. (Later on, during the following monthly meeting, Les Robertson and James Leach also joined the Committee.)
- Any Other Business – None.
The meeting closed at 19.50pm.