Councillor Philip Ham (Conservative) represents Mendip Central and East division on Somerset County Council.
The full Somerset County Council has four scheduled public meetings each year. Its main purpose is to agree a budget and policy framework within which the Leader of Council and his Cabinet operate and council services are provided.
Below are some of the specific functions of the County Council:
- Determining the policy framework for the Council
- Approval of the Council’s budget and Council Tax requirement
- Appointing the Leader of Council and Committees/Sub-Committees of the Council and appointing members with special responsibilities
- Approving the Council’s Constitution and meetings calendar
- The appointment of the Chief Executive
- A range of other functions, which by law, cannot be the responsibility of the Executive, e.g. regulatory
Philip Ham is married with two children and one grandchild. He has been a District Councillor for 4 years and Parish Councillor for 9 years and Chairman of Coleford the last 2 years.
He has been involved in several large businesses but spent all his life in agriculture. He is currently running a 450 acre fully organic farm producing organic crops and beef.
His main interests include all sports especially rugby and cricket, playing skittles and crib and supporting local village activities that include all ages.
Councillor Philip Ham
Telephone 01373 812 152
Email [email protected]
If you spot incorrect or incomplete information, please contact us and we’ll do our best to update this page within 24 hours.