Nunney Parish Council invites applications for the position of Parish Clerk/RFO, expected to start work on 1 September 2017.
Salary: Scale LC1-2 SPC subject to experience (up to SPC 22)
Part-time: 10 per week (44 hours per month) with some evening work required.
Nunney is a busy, medium-sized village with a population of around 800. The Parish Council manages a playground, BMX track, allotments, burial ground, leisure gardens and other open spaces, street furniture and historical building/structures.
The Council of eleven Members meets on the first Monday of each calendar month.
The Clerk will work from home and will need to have an area for the storage of some paperwork. The Council provides its own laptop, printer and mobile telephone.
The applicant must be computer literate – Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook as a minimum.
- Dealing with correspondence on a daily basis and forwarding to Councillors and replying.
- Making appropriate computer backups, software updates and so on, as well as managing the Council’s online presence.
- Preparing Agendas (in conjunction with the Chair), taking and issuing minutes of the Council’s monthly Meetings, and any other meetings that from time-to-time occur.
- Issuing paperwork (mainly by email) for monthly Meetings; maintain the Council’s files and archives.
- Preparing accounts, dealing with invoices, payments and banking as needed.
- Managing the Council’s payroll, including PAYE and HMRC.
- Maintaining an accurate budget and assets register; notifying the Council of variances from budget and making recommendations to the Council for cost savings.
- Managing the Council’s burial ground; liaising with funeral directors and families, ensuring legislation is complied with and an accurate burial register kept.
- Managing the Council’s leisure gardens and open spaces.
- Managing the Council’s allotment gardens.
- Ensuring that the Council operates within relevant legislation and in accordance with its Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
- To keep up to date with changes to legislation, working practices and procedures relevant to the sphere of activities undertaken by the Council.
For an application form and full job description contact Beverley Palmer, Parish Clerk at [email protected].
Closing date: completed applications must be received by noon 30 June 2017.
Interviews will be in Nunney in mid/late July. To ensure a hand-over period with the out-going Clerk, the successful applicant must be available to start in early September.