The school enjoys spacious grounds, which a large playing field and playground area.
Pupils are admitted from Nunney and the surrounding villages and Hamlets, including Trudoxhill, Marston, Cloford, Holwell and Tytherington, as well as from Frome.
There are three classes, with an average class size of 25. Nunney First School has at least one school-funded Teaching Assistant per class which enables it to achieve a pupil-to-staff ratio of 10-1.
Nunney First School’s latest Ofsted inspection was carried out on 9 May 2013 and published on 7 June. The report highlighted as the school’s strengths:
- The highly inclusive atmosphere means that all pupils are well cared for, happy and behave well.
- Pupils are known individually and this means that support is closely matched to their particular needs.
- The school has close links with the local community and uses these to the benefit of all pupils.
- The headteacher and her staff are fully committed to driving improvements for the school quickly.
- Governors understand the needs of the school well and are working with the headteacher to secure rapid improvement.
The full May 2013 Ofsted report for Nunney First School is available online on the Ofsted website.
Nunney First School
Somerset BA11 4NE
Telephone 01373 836 429
If you spot incorrect or incomplete information, please contact us and we’ll do our best to update this page within 24 hours.