>
Last updated: Thu 27 Mar 2014

Minutes of the meeting of Nunney Parish Council on 3 March 2014

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held at Dallimore Mead Hall Monday, 3rd March 2014 at 7.30pm.

minutesPresent: Ken Lloyd (Chairman); Mesdames Beresford Capstick-Dale, Hannam, McGee; Messrs Allom, Gaunt, Hayden, Masters, Sanderson. Also present: Ms B Palmer (Clerk).

In attendance: Cllr Gloria Cawood (part); members of the public x 13 (part).

The Chairman welcomed members of the public. Having established their interest in the Agenda, he suggested bringing forward two items ‒ Proposed Housing Development off Green Pits Lane and  Planning ‒ and this was agreed.

  1.  Apologies for absence
    Judith Beresford; Sue Ellis (holiday).
  2. Declarations of Interest
    Ian Sanderson declared personal interest in respect of allotment fees (plot holder) and planning application 2013/2578 (neighbour). Francis Hayden declared a personal interest in respect to planning application 2013/2578 (opposite his house). Sheelagh Capstick-Dale declared a personal interest in respect of the wind turbines at Torr Works (these would be visible from her home).
  3. Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council 3rd February 2014
    Ian Sanderson mentioned that he thought members of the public had been invited to put forward ideas for the Market Place at the Annual Parish Meeting. Note: The Clerk has no record of this – see Item 10. Otherwise these were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
  4. Matters arising therefrom – Nil.
  5. Proposed Housing Development off Green Pits Lane (was Agenda item 12)
    The Chairman confirmed that Outline Planning Application 2014/0198 for up to 100 dwellings had been received. He explained that he would call an Extraordinary Meeting for the Council to discuss, and take its decision, on the proposal and the date for this was duly agreed as 10-3-14. The Chairman outlined some proposals made in the application including the method of dealing with surface water run-off, pedestrian access points from Green Pits Lane and issues affecting the school. Members of the public raised concerns including flooding and drainage problems, and the lack of road markings at the junction of lorry park / Green Pits Lane / A361. A member of the public explained she had canvassed views from residents of Glebelands, Catch Road, Westover, Flowerfield and Upper Flowerfield; the main concerns raised being increased traffic, the number of houses (too many) and flooding; it was noted that two people are in favour of the development.Cllr Gloria Cawood arrived.
  6. Planning 

    Applications: 

    MDC 2014/0104/TCA 5-day notice to fell a mature tree in a conservation area at Rockfield House, Horn Street for Henry Pomeroy. Noted ‒ this has already been removed. 

    MDC 2013/2578/FUL Proposed new build 4 bedroom property in grounds of Cherry Tree Farm, High Street for Mrs V Lewis. The Chairman outlined the objections made to a previous application at the site. A member of the public expressed concerns about flooding and it was noted that this remains a major concern. After further discussions it was agreed to recommend refusal of planning permission due to flood risk.MDC 2014/0130/HSE Proposed new vehicle access and hardstanding to front of property and new entrance porch to front elevation at 11 Flowerfield for Mr & Mrs R Camacho. No objections.

    Approval:

    MDC 2013/1968 Approval of details reserved by condition 7 (schedule of materials for external finishes, including roof) of planning permission 2013/0987 at Hawthorn, Ridgeway for Mr & Mrs Anthony Allom.

    MDC 2013/2476/LBC Grant of Listed Building Consent for minor internal and external alterations (installation of a flue in rear lean-to shed and wall breaches for heating pipe) in connection with the installation of a biomass boiler at Rockfield House, Horn Street for Caroline Pomeroy.

    Appeal Decision:

    MDC 2013/1023 The appeal against refusal of planning permission for a detached dwelling at Stable, Ridgway Lane for Mr & Mrs Sadler is dismissed.

    Some members of the public left the Meeting.

    The Chairman welcomed Cllr Cawood and invited her to speak. She updated Councillors on possible Planning Departmnet administration changes and spoke about the Rural Forum.

    Cllr Cawood left the Meeting.

  7. Clerks Report & Items for Information – noted. 

    Letters & emails – As directed at the Meeting 3-2-14.Burial Ground ‒ Work to the car park completed 3-3-14 ‒ the Clerk has yet to inspect it.

    Aerial runway ‒ Installation commenced; NCA advised and contribution awaited.

    Replacement Daisy Spring ‒ Order placed and grant applied for.

    CAB ‒ Mobile unit will be in Nunney 24th March; Jeremy Gaunt is a volunteer driver.

    Clerks to do list: Update of Standing Orders. Burial ground ‒ hedge replanting, updating of fees and refurbishment/painting of gates.

    Clerk’s leave 22-2 to 2-3 2014 inclusive.

  8. Correspondence – noted. 

    Rural Services Network (by email) ‒ Enewsletters forwarded as available.Avon & Somerset Police (by email, forwarded by SC-D) ‒ Details of local incidents x2.

    Gloria Cawood (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ District Councillor’s February report.

    Somerset Playing Fields Association (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ Winter newsletter.

    Somerset Highways ‒ Closure of A359 at Quaperlake Street, Bruton from 24-2-14 for 32 days – revised diversion via A361and A371 (via Shepton Mallet & Lamyatt). Mr Allom advised that this is now delayed.

    Somerset Community Foundation (by email, forwarded to Councillors) Enewsletter including details of how to donate to Somerset’s Emergency Flood relief Fund.

    SALC (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ Details of the “final local government funding settlement”. Although larger town and parish councils may have referendum thresholds applied to them 2015-16, these are have not been extended to parish councils.

    SALC (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ Briefing document regarding the imminent repeal of the cheque signature rule which currently “legally” requires two cheque signatories. This will soon allow parish councils to operate internet banking although they will be required to put in place “effective systems of control” before new practices can be adopted.

    Somerset Highways ‒ Temporary road closure of Critch Hill (near the school), Frome, 7-4-14 for 2 weeks to enable water main renovation work to be carried out.

  9. Allotment fees for 2014-2015
    Following consultation with the Allotment Committee it was agree that annual plot fee would remain at £5/plot/year regardless of plot size. It was noted that two untended plots had been notified; it was agreed not to take any action yet as they will probably be cultivated this spring.
  10. Annual Parish Meeting 2014
    The redevelopment of the Market Place will be the subject for the Annual Parish Meeting. As no landscape architect can be suggested, it was agreed to ask members of the public to present their ideas at the Meeting, and the Clerk was asked to draft an appropriate flyer.
  11. Grit Bin for Green Pits Lane
    The grit bin has been stolen; it was agreed to buy a replacement in November.
  12. Neighbourhood Plan
    Carry over to April.
  13. Old Quarry Gardens
    A suggested maintenance plan has been received from the Flower Show. This is not digital so Ms Beresford prepared a summary which has been forwarded to Councillors; a copy of the accompanying letter was included with the Agenda. It was agreed that a maintenance plan is a good idea, but details were not discussed. The Clerk advised that the Council has a current 3-year contract for grass cutting / weeding and this was noted. Carry forward to April.
  14. War Memorial
    A letter proposing the war memorial be moved to the Market Place was received and was copied to Councillors with the Agenda along with information from the War Memorials Trust. It was noted that moving a war memorial is not simple. It was agreed to consider this when plans are made for the Market Place.
  15. Wind Turbines (proposed) at Torr Works
    This application will go to the Planning Board 26th March and the Parish Council has been invited to make representation. Mr Allom volunteered to speak and this was agreed.
  16. Youth Club
    Carry forward to April.
  17. Finance 

    i) Accounts for Payment:
    Cheque 1247 ‒ £394.19        Beverley Palmer (Salary for Feb & admin costs £31.79)
    Cheque 1248 ‒ £  20.57       Bristol Wessex Billing Services Ltd (Water to OQG 21-813 to 17-2-14)Receipts:
    £    1.36       Bank interest (Jan 2014)

  18. Rights of Way
    Proposal for a walking route from the Village Hall to the school without using the road ‒ Agenda item for April (KL).
  19. Reports from Committees and Associations 

    i) Village Hall – Nil.
    ii) NunneySchool – Nil.
    iii) NCA – Nil.
    iv) Police Liaison ‒ Mrs Capstick-Dale updated Councillors on the meeting 12-2-14. More speed checks will be carried out using motorbikes; as Nunney is no longer doing speed-watch the equipment needs to be returned.

  20. Items for Next Meeting  ‒ MDC Planning issues (Francis Hayden)
  21. Date of Next Meeting ‒ 7th April 2014 at 7.30pm 

     The meeting closed at 9.20pm.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email