The George Inn, Moat & Turret ‘Cafe by the Castle’ and Nunney Catch Cafe are welcoming guests again following the lockdown.
The George Inn is opening its pub for this weekend on Saturday and Sunday from noon to try out its new COVID-19 setup. The restaurant remains closed for now.
The pub won’t have a beer delivery until next week, but cider and real ale are on tap. The George Inn will sell bottles of lager only for now.
On Sunday, there will be a hog roast from noon until 3pm. The George Inn will then close again before it will reopen fully on Friday 10 July.
Bookings are essential for the restaurant, and the management reserves the right to close the kitchen if there are no bookings for that evening. A reduced menu will be available. No takeaways this week.
You are not allowed to move tables and chairs in the outside areas. If it rains, you will only allowed inside if there is enough space inside to guarantee social distancing. This follows government guidelines.
Other measures include:
- Windows and doors where possible will be kept open for ventilation purposes.
- Customers to give their names and address for track and trace purposes. This will be disposed of after 21 days within keeping with data protection.
- There is a one way system – please observe all floor markings. IN is through the front door and OUT is through the side door. All clearly marked.
- Waitresses will be wearing Masks or Visors
- Menus will be wiped down after every use.
- Customers need to wait to be seated.
- All drinks and food orders taken by the waitress and delivered to the table.
- Toilets one at a time, please check to see if anyone is in them first. They will be sanitised every 30 minutes.
- Tables and chairs will be cleaned and sanitised after each use. Cutlery will be brought to your table with your food.
- Please ask for condiments, these will now be in sachets form.
Moat & Castle is offering a takeaway menu from 2 July. The cafe will operate a one-way system with social distancing maintained.
Moat & Turret ‘Cafe by the Castle’ is open Thursday to Sunday 10am to 3pm.
Nunney Catch Cafe reopens on Monday 6 July, with restrictions in place in accordance with government guidelines.