>
Last updated: Sat 30 Aug 2014

Nunney Parish Council minutes for 1 September 2014

These are the minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held at Dallimore Mead Hall on Monday 1 September 2014 at 7.30pm.

Pookfield Close NunneyPresent: Ken Lloyd (Chairman); Sheelagh Capstick-Dale, Sue Ellis, Freda Hannam, Pia McGee (part), Lisa Ramsay; Anthony Allom, Jeremy Gaunt, Francis Hayden, Also present: Ms B Palmer (Clerk).

In attendance: Members of the public (x3).

  1. Apologies for absence
    Apologies from Judith Beresford (holiday). Richard Masters did not attend.
  2. Declarations of Interest – None declared.
  3. Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council 4 August 2014
    Agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
  4. Matters arising therefrom – None.
  5. Clerks Report & Items for Information – noted.
    Letters, emails etc – As directed at the Meeting 4-8-14.
    Planning application for housing on land off Green Pits Lane ‒ Ken Lloyd, Gloria Cawood and Lisa Dando spoke against the application at the Planning Board meeting 20-8-14. The Planning Officer’s recommendation for “refusal” was duly carried by the Board.
    Town & parish councils selling electricity ‒ Details of public display notice agreed.
    Nunney Brook ‒ Letter to riparian owners agreed ‒ Jeremy Gaunt will distribute them.
    Standing Orders – Update to be completed.
    CAB Van ‒ An incident in the Market Place when the van was told to “move on” by a member of the public was noted.
    30mph Sign on Ridgeway Lane ‒ The damaged sign near the cemetery has been repaired.
    Street Fayre ‒ Request from Mells PC to have the Fayre notices removed.
    Dipping Place ‒ The shed is still in situ; Mr Lloyd will speak to the owner.
    Burial Ground ‒ The Clerk has had no response to enquiries send out for refurbishment of the gates. Gary Dando volunteered to take a look.
    Walking route from Hall to school ‒ Freda Hannam will discuss this with the school at the next Governors’ Meeting.Pia McGee arrived.
  6. Correspondence – noted.
    Rural Service Network ‒ Enewsletters forwarded to Councillors as available.
    Plunkett Foundation ‒ Enewsletters forwarded to Councillors as available.
    Nunney & District Flower Show ‒ Letter regarding an offer by Robin Carr to supply a commemorative bench at the OQG. As Mr Carr had already offered a seat for the Market Place the Clerk sought clarification ‒ he is only providing one seat with a preference for in being in the Market Place.
    Somerset Highways (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ SID results from Flowerfield for July were discussed. Some speeds are very high; Mr Lloyd will see if the time of day can be established for the readings. Action: KL.
    Connecting Devon & Somerset (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ Update for the superfast broadband project.
    MDC (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ Presentation and workshop on the ‘proposed Shepton Mallet health campus’ on 9-10-14.
    SCC (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ Nomination form for the “Chairman’s award for Service to the Community 2014”.
    SPFA (by email, forwarded to councillors) ‒ Somerset Field’s Flyer.
  7. Bike Track
    Lisa Dando gave an update and said that clearance work had taken place and asked if the Parish Council would pay for the hire of the digger (around £100), which was agreed. The Chairman thanked them for their help, also Castle Café for providing refreshments for volunteers.
      
  8. Aerial Runway
    i) The need for monthly, recorded checks was discussed; Ken Lloyd and Jeremy Gaunt agreed to carry these out. Action: KL/JG.
    ii) It was commented that the wire is still not tight enough and the Clerk was asked to get the supplier to check it. Action Clerk.
  9. Allotment Fencing
    A revised plan has been supplied. However, the Allotment Coordinator advises that the majority of plot holders do not feel there is a need for fencing and accordingly it was decided not to proceed at this time.
  10. Annual Playing Field Inspection 2014
    The playing field inspection report, circulated to Councillors prior to the Meeting, was noted. There are no items of concern at this time.
  11. Financial Regulations
    Updated Regulations, circulated with the Agenda, were discussed and approved subject to minor changes. Action: Clerk.
  12. First Aid Training
    It is noted that there are two First Responders in Nunney who both have AEDs. Dr Ellis has volunteered to run some first aid courses in the village hall; Sue Ellis will establish if this is a firm offer, and if so the Parish Council will publicize it to see if there is sufficient interest. Action: SE.
  13. Market Place
    i) A quote for reducing the height of the wall and making good was discussed; it was agreed to get further quotes for comparison. Francis Hayden suggested extending the drainage pipe and covering over gulley next to the bridge.
    ii) The Clerk advised that a letter had been received asking that the wall is not removed/reduced in height and this was noted. Mr Lloyd will speak its author.
    iii)Sue Ellis presented ideas for a covered shelter.
    iv) The increased problems with parking in the Market Place were noted.
  14. Quarry Faces
    Quarry Faces want to hold a Mendip Rocks 2014 event at the Old Quarry Gardens on 4th October using the rock face, which they will clear, as a screen for projected images. The Council approved this and also unanimously agreed to waive the hire fee.
  15. Finance
    £3,000.00 transferred to the current account 4-8-14.
    i) To approve payment for the aerial runway. Councillors approved payment of £8157.00 to GB Sport & Leisure UK Ltd..ii) Accounts for Payment:
    Cheque 1276 ‒ £ 30.34 Aster (Hire of hall 2-6-14)
    Cheque 1277 ‒ £ 393.76 Beverley Palmer (Salary Aug 2014 & admin costs £31.36)
    Cheque 1278 ‒ £ 78.00 Playsafety Ltd (Annual playing field inspection 2014)
    Cheque 1279 ‒ £8,157.00 G B Sport & Leisure (Installation of aerial runway £7,812.00 & additional ground works £345.00)
    Cheque 1280 ‒ £1,050.00 G B Sport & Leisure (Installation of new tractor spring play equipment)
    Cheque 1281 ‒ £1,260.00 G B Sport & Leisure (Repairs to gates £588.00 and swings £672.00)
    Cheque 1282 ‒ £ 368.70 Parsons Landscapes Ltd (Grass cutting/weeding August 2014)iii) Receipts:
    £ 2.06 Bank interest (July 2014)
  16. Planning
    Applications:
    MDC 2014/1237/FUL Amended plans 8-8-14 for refurbishment of church barn and its outbuilding: the main proposed work is the replacement of windows, doors and roof lights with a few new additions; extension to porch resulting in total footprint of 4.7m2 area; there is no change of use proposed at Church Barn, Church Street for Alistair Jacks. No objections.Approvals:
    MDC 2014/1244/TCA TPO not required for proposed works to / felling of trees in a Conservation Area at Nunney Court for Andrew Taylor.
    MDC 2014/1339/APP Approval of details reserved by condition 4 of permission 2012/2058 at Plane View, Ridgeway for Mr C Garrod.
    MDC 2014/1152/APP & 2014/1123/APP Approval of details reserved by conditions 3 (joinery), 4 (ducts and pipes), 5 (sample panel), 6 (materials) and 7 (rooflights) on listed building consent/s 2013/2569 & 2013/2568 at Springfield House, Frome Road for Martin Lane Fox.
  17. Rights of Way
    Work may be needed to the footbridge by the castle; the Clerk will investigate further. Action. Clerk.
  18. Reports from Committees and Associations
    i) Village Hall – Film night starting shortly; bookings in general are down.
    ii) Nunney School – New term starts 2nd September. Press and TV will be in Nunney to record the start of school meals for the youngest children, which are being provided by the Café.
    iii) NCA – The tug-of-war was cancelled due to bad weather.
    iv) Church ‒ Mr Allom reported that solicitors are working on formalizing the right of access to the side door of the church; memorial service planned for those from the parish who lost their lives in WW1.
    v) Quarry issues ‒ Aggregate’s have appointed an independent consultant to look into the smell/noise problems; these continue to be an issue. The requested a copy of the complaints log has not been received. It was agreed that everyone is frustrated by the lack of information and the Clerk was instructed to write a stiff letter. Action. Clerk.
  19. Items for Next Meeting
    Traffic on Horn Street (SC-D); finger post in Market Place (KL); vandalism (F Hannam); Nunney Castle (AA).
  20. Date of Next Meeting ‒ 4 October 2014 at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 9.00pm.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email