>
Last updated: Tue 24 Feb 2015

Nunney Parish Council minutes for February 2015

These are the minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held at Dallimore Mead Hall Monday, 2nd February 2015 at 7.30pm.

Present: Ken Lloyd (Chairman); Mesdames, Hannam, McGee (part), Ramsay; Messrs Allom, Gaunt, Hayden. Also present: Ms B Palmer (Clerk); Cllr Gloria Cawood (part).

In attendance: members of the public x3.

  1. Apologies for absence
    Apologies from Sue Ellis (unwell); Sheelagh Capstick-Dale; Richard Masters (holiday).
  2. Declarations of Interest ‒ None declared.
  3. Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council 5th January 2015
    Agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
  4. Clerks Report & Items for Information – noted.
    Letters, emails etc – As directed at the Meeting 5-1-15.
    Precept 2015-16 ‒ Form returned to MDC.
    Consultation on parish polls ‒ Response submitted.
    The Russell Field ‒ Charity Commission Annual return for 2014 completed and submitted.
    Burial Ground ‒ Guidelines completed and circulated. The gates are expected back shortly.
    Old Quarry Gardens ‒ The Clerk has asked for a quote to repaint the gates.
    Cones on Castle Street ‒ Complaint received from a member of the public.
    Online Banking ‒ It was agreed that the Clerk should register the Council’s accounts for online banking.
    Clerk’s leave ‒ 10 hours in January; 2-10 May inclusive.
  5. Correspondence – noted.
    Rural Service Network ‒ Enewsletters forwarded to Councillors as available.
    Plunkett Foundation ‒ Enewsletters forwarded to Councillors as available.
    Somerset Community Foundation ‒ Enewsletters forwarded to Councillors as available.
    SALC (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ Transparency Code for parish councils with turnover of less than £25,000.
    MDC (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ The Local Plan Part 1: Strategy and Policies was adopted on 15-12-14. It is noted that the local plan is being challenged by a housing developer. Cllr Cawood said this would be discussed at the Mendip Forum on 3rd Feb.
    Somerset Highways (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ SID results for Frome Road December 2014. These were discussed.
    Savills ‒ Planning appeal APP/Q3305/A/14/2227407 wind turbines on land near Torr Works: letter advising that the revisions to the Environmental Impact Assessment as requested by the Secretary of State during the appeal process are available at MDC.
    The Royal Bath & West Society (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ Details of the Prince of Wales’ Award.
    Somerset Waste Partnership (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ Briefing notes for January 2015.
    Somerset RCC (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ Request to petition the government to stop the reduction in grants to ARCC.
    Field Internet (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ The email about local internet provision was discussed and it was agreed to discuss this further at the next Meeting.
  6. Allotments
    The plot fee (currently £5 per plot) was discussed, after which it was decided make an increase to £10.00 for 2015-16.
  7. Bike Track
    i) The surveyor from Aggregate Industries has marked the southern boundary of the Council’s leased area at OQG; the Clerk, and Ken Lloyd and Jeremy Gaunt have noted the markings. Now that the boundary is established, the bike track can be completed without intrusion onto neighbouring land. Members were advised that someone has since removed the marker flags.
    ii) The Chairman advised that project costings have been received.
    Pia McGee arrived.
    A complaint was received about glass on the adjacent footpath, which has been removed by a dog walker.
  8. Grass Cutting & Weeding Contract 2015-2017
    The Clerk advised that one quote had been received. This is from Parsons Landscapes for £3840 +VAT per annum;. The quote was discussed and the Clerk gave details of the costs for previous contracts. The quote was felt to be competitive and it was unanimously agreed that it be accepted.
  9. Flood Planning
    A new Flood Monitor is needed (Judith Beresford no longer lives in the village. Jeremy Gaunt (reluctantly) agreed to do it pro tem until May.
  10. Internal Auditor for 2014-15 Accounts
    The Clerk advised that John Horsey is prepared to conduct the audit again this year; his fee will remain at £80. This was agreed unanimously.
  11. Market Place
    i) Quote awaited for a shelter. Action: SE
    ii) A sketch of the alterations to the wall in needed. Action: KL
    iii) It was agreed that two new waste bins should be purchased in a style more suitable for a Conservation Area; ideas required. Action: Clerk.
  12. Neighbourhood Watch
    Sheelagh Capstick- Dale not being present this is carried forward to March. Action: SCD.
  13. Public Inquiry in respect of refusal of planning permission for housing on land at Green Pits Lane
    Ken Lloyd gave an update on the appeal which started on 20th January. Cllr Cawood advised that the Inspector’s decision is not expected for 6-8 weeks.The Chairman invited Cllr Cawood to speak. She mentioned the refusal of planning permission for a wind turbine at Chantry, and confirmed that she has put forward Nunney Street Fayre for support from the new homes bonus scheme ‒ which will finish in 2017.

    Cllr Cawood left the Meeting.

  14. Annual Parish Meeting 2015
    No ideas for a speaker for the Meeting were forthcoming and it was agreed to carry this forward to March. Action: All.
  15. Finance
    i) Q3 Accounts. Forwarded to Councillors with the Agenda, were approved unanimously.
    ii) Accounts for Payment:
    Cheque 1300 ‒ £392.03 Beverley Palmer (Salary Jan 2015 & admin costs £21.44)
    Cheque 1301 ‒ £ 30.34 Aster (Hire of hall 1-12-14)
    ii) Receipts:
    £ 4.27 Bank interest (December 2014)
  16. Planning
    Withdrawn:
    MDC 2013/2606/HSE and 2013/2596/LBC Proposals to complete a full refurbishment of Nunney Court.
  17. Rights of Way
    Mr Lloyd advised that a stile in the Rack Field is broken ‒ he will contact the landowner.
  18. Reports from Committees and Associations
    i) Village Hall – Fund raising is being carried out for a new cooker.
    ii) Nunney School – Freda Hannam advised that she has resigned as a governor; Hilary Allom is now the Chair of the Governors; new governors are being appointed.
    iii) NCA ‒ Nil.
    iv) Church ‒ The ceiling has been removed and the bat roosts are installed.
    v) Quarry ‒ Ken Lloyd will get an update (on complaints) for the next Meeting.
  19. Items for Next Meeting
    i) It was agreed to invite Andy Mallender of AONB to present ideas for an interpretation board at the Old Quarry Gardens as part of Mendip Rocks Project ‒ it was agreed to start the Meeting at 7pm.
    ii) Broadband and Field internet.
    iii) Aerial runway.
  20. Date of Next Meeting ‒ 2nd March 2015 at 7.00pm.

The meeting closed at 8.38pm.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
book
exhibitions
interviews