Last updated: Wed 20 Nov 2013

Nunney Parish Council minutes for November 2013

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held at Dallimore Mead Hall on Monday 4 November 2013 at 7.30pm.

Berry Hill Nunneystrong>Present: Ken Lloyd (Chairman); Mesdames Ellis, Hannam; Messrs Allom, Gaunt, Hayden, Sanderson. Also present: Ms B Palmer (Clerk).

  1. Apologies for absence ‒ Sheelagh Capstick-Dale (holiday), Pia McGee (personal). Judith Beresford and Richard Masters did not attend.
  2. Declarations of Interest – None declared.
  3. Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council 7 October 2013
    These were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
  4. Matters arising therefrom – Nil.
  5. Clerks Report & Items for Information – noted.
    • Letters & emails – As directed at the Meeting 7-10-13.
    • Allotments ‒ Minutes of the Allotment Committee meeting 10-10-13 received and forwarded to Councillors; fees x4 for 2013-14, plot plan and plot holders contact details received; current waiting list is two. Wasp nest dealt with by Ted Bradley.
    • Dallimore Mead ‒ Refurbishment of bench ongoing.
    • Document storage ‒ The Clerk advised that she is bidding for a cabinet (£25-£30) on eBay; if the bid is successful she will pay and claim it back via the monthly admin expenses. This was noted and agreed.
    • Jeremy Gaunt arrived.
    • Burial Ground ‒ The Clerk has identified two people who may be prepared to refurbish the gates; to be progressed, along with other maintenance items.
    • Football goals ‒ Order placed with GB Sport and Leisure for 5-a-side, removable goals. Grant received from MDC – see Item 16 iii.
    • Storage shed, OQG ‒ Invoice to NCA for contribution to annual insurance.
    • Grit bin for Ridgeway ‒ Purchase of 6cu ft yellow bin at £78.25 + VAT agreed; the Clerk will collect. Revised positioning discussed and it was agreed to put it on the footpath (in Trudoxhill Parish), subject to agreement from Highways.
    • Weir in Nunney Brook ‒ Rebuilding work, including eel ladder, completed.
    • Street Lights ‒ Shield on the light outside 18 Horn Street repaired.
    • Francis Hayden arrived.
    • Chairman’s Award for Services to the Community ‒ Mr Lloyd accepted this award on behalf of Catharine Goldsmith in Taunton; the Council duly agreed to pay his mileage expenses.
  6. Correspondence – noted.
    • Gloria Cawood (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ District Councillor’s October report.
    • SCC (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ Mendip Rocks! Framework consultation for comment by 10-12-13.
    • Somerset Highways (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ Storm alert for overnight 27-10-13.
    • Rural services Network ‒ Enewsletters forwarded to Councillors as available.
    • Gloria Cawood (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ Information that there are Health and Well-Being grants available at SCC with each CountyCouncillor having £5000 to allocate. The Clerk has asked Cllr Ham for further information ‒ no response at date. It was agreed that Nunney would like to apply.
    • SCC (by email, forwarded to Councillors) ‒ Details about national adoption week 4-10 Nov.
    • Avon and Somerset Police ‒ Details of incidents at local livery yards (x3).
    • SCC ‒ Parish Highway Service Information Pack which contains details of the current levels of service that the public can expect is online at www.somerset.gov.uk/localchoices
  7. Flooding and Drainage
    Wessex Water has completed work to the sewers from High Street to Frome Road. Somerset Highways have accepted responsibility for the drains from the Village Hall to Market Place.
  8. Grit Bin for Green Pits Lane
    The purchase of a grit bin was agreed; to be positioned on the right-angle bend near the A361 ‒ permission to be sought from Highways. Action: Clerk.
  9. Market Place
    i)     Removal of telegraph pole. Cabling work completed; removal of pole scheduled for mid-November.
    ii)   Bus shelter. Mr Gaunt asked that the Council write to the bus company regarding removal of the cable; this was discussed and Mr Lloyd agreed to progress. Action. KL.
    iii) Road markings. Cross hatching work completed.
    iv) It was agreed to provision £1000 for improvements in the 2014-15 budget.
  10. Meeting Dates for 2014
    Agreed unanimously.
  11. Neighbourhood Plan
    The Clerk circulated information from “The Clerk”. The Localism Bill and the benefits of having a Plan were discussed, after which Mr Lloyd volunteered to contact MDC to see if the Council’s understanding is correct. Action: KL. The Clerk was asked to see if any of Cllr Cawood’s other parishes are undertaking a Plan. Action: Clerk.
  12. Nunney Brook
    Mr Hayden explained that low water flow is affecting the species of fish in the Brook at Nunney. He has contacted the Environment Agency who will be undertaking a survey in 2014 (the last one was in 2001).
  13. Old Quarry Gardens
    The Chairman has met with representatives of the Flower Show, who agree that they are not in a position to do much work at the Gardens due to lack of volunteers. It was agreed that work to clear the rock face and work on the trees needs to be handled professionally. The Clerk was asked to provision £500 in the 2014-15 budget for maintenance work. Action: Clerk.
  14. Recreational Facilities
    i) The Clerk confirmed that the five-a-side goals will be installed this week.
    ii) Mr Gaunt proposed that the zip-wire should be the next project. This was discussed and agreed unanimously; funding to be progressed (NCA, NPC and others).
    iii) The Clerk was asked to provision £1000 in the 2014-15 budget for playground improvements. Action: Clerk.
  15. Youth Club
    Mr Sanderson updated Members on the “youth working” workshop he had attended. He advised that it is possible to include other nearby parishes any club formed, and that delegates at the workshop reported children from 5 to 16 years of age can be successfully included in the same club. He hopes to produce a questionnaire to gauge interest in Nunney soon. Action: IS.
  16. Finance
    Transferred to the current account: £3,000 on 7-10-13.
    i)   Q2 accounts
    These, having been circulated to Councillors with the agenda, were approved unanimously.
    ii) Accounts for Payment:
    Cheque 1232 ‒ £378.59    Beverley Palmer (Salary for October & admin costs £15.99)
    Cheque 1233 ‒ £  15.17    Aster (hire of hall 5-8-13)
    Cheque 1234 ‒ £368.70    Parsons Landscapes Ltd (grass cutting & weeding Oct 2013)
    iii) Receipts:
    £    1.59        Bank interest (Sept 2013)
    £312.00      MDC (grant towards football facilities)
    £  22.50      Allotment fees for 2013-14
  17. PlanningApproval:MDC 2012/1257 Grant of planning permission for creation of off street parking area and associated alterations at 15 Flowerfield for Mr M Austin. Conditions apply which include requirements for pedestrian visibility splays, stipulations regarding the maximum gradient and removal of surface water run-off. It was noted that this work in now completed.Appeal:

    MDC 2013/1023 The Clerk advised that an appeal is being made against the refusal of planning permission at Stables, Ridgeway Lane. This was duly noted.

  18. Rights of Way
    It was agreed to budget £250 for footpath clearance in 2014-15.
  19. Reports from Committees and Associations
    i)     Village Hall – Insurance for the new football facility was discussed.
    ii)   Nunney School – nil.
    iii) NCA – Upcoming Jazz night.
    iv) Police Liaison ‒ Notes from October’s meeting have been circulated to Councillors.
    v)   Quarry Liaison ‒ Mr Lloyd has circulated notes to Councillors from the October meeting.
  20. Items for Next Meeting
    Precept 2014-15 (All);
    Broadband speed (IS);
    Church – TBC (AA).
  21. Date of Next Meeting:
    Monday 2 December 2013 at 7.30pm

The meeting concluded at 9.20pm

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

exhibitions
interviews

Events