The Old Rectory on the High Street in Nunney is a 21-bedroom detached Edwardian property in need of modernisation and refurbishment.
Nunney is one of the prettiest villages in Somerset. It lies approximately 2 miles from Frome and 18 miles south east of Bath.
Famed for its moated castle built in the late 14th Century and described by the renowned architectural historian Niklaus Pevsner as aesthetically the most impressive castle in Somerset.
Nunney has a fine Grade I church, a particularly active village hall and a well-regarded school having many activities.
The property, like much of the village, is contained within a Conservation Area.
The Old Rectory has until very recently been operated as a residential care home and is currently under C2 usage commercially.
Subject to consent being granted to revert to residential status, the house could be returned to a grand residence situated in the middle of this highly sought-after village.
Equally, it could be of interest to a diverse range of parties including developers and other commercial uses. The house is not listed, but is in a Conversation Area.
Spanning approximately 7,000 square feet, the property is substantial and offers considerable scope.
We are inviting “Offers in excess of £1,000,000”.
Local Authority – Mendip District Council.
Mains drainage and electricity. Current heating system – LPG.
Please note – the land plan shown within the brochure details information with regard to the driveway.
Method of Sale
The property is being offered by Informal Tender in one Lot. Details of the bidding process are set out below and all best offers are to be submitted via email to [email protected] by the Tender Date of noon on 11 July 2018.
- All offers will be submitted to our clients for their consideration.
- The successful offeror will be required to exchange contracts within four weeks of receipt of the documentation.
- All offerors will be required to provide financial details of their ability to purchase.
- No offer on an escalating basis will be considered.
- Our clients reserve the right to reject any offer that is submitted.
- All offers must be submitted to Charles Everritt at Crisp Cowley.
- If you require any further information or details, contact Charles Everritt, who is dealing with the sale – [email protected].
- Vacant possession to be given upon completion.
- Viewings strictly by appointment through Crisp Cowley.
This property is on the market for offers in excess of £900,000. Full details for this property are available on Rightmove.
To view this property or request more details, contact Crisp Cowley, York Street, Bath BA1 1NQ, telephone 01225 686 060.